Monday, October 10, 2011

Profile - Skylar Beck - Brooks Lions

Six Questions for Brooks QB Skylar Beck:
1) What has been the best part of Brooks football this year?
What we have accomplished together as a team in making this a great season. We have a close bunch of guys who have each other's backs on and off the field.

2) What is the toughest part of playing QB?
 I think the toughest part is the amount of pressure I feel at the beginning of a game. Knowing you're faced with a number of decisions, but the moment the ball is snapped I know I have to be the leader on the field and stay focused so we can achieve our goal.

3) What has been the key to your teams offensive success this year?
We have a lot of speed offensively. We have put together a game plan in the run game where we are able to hold our blocks longer and create holes for our backs to use their speed and quickness. The line does a good job giving me the time I need to find my receivers and make the throw.

4) What are some of your earliest memories of Brooks Football?
 The guys I started playing with at a young age who have become my best friends. We've played football together pretty much our whole lives. Through the years we have become brothers, and I know we can always count on each other.

5) Have you always played QB growing up
Yes, I have always played as a QB, since i was 5 years old.

6) Would you rather run for 40 or throw a perfect 40 yd TD?
I think I would rather throw a 40 yd TD because I think it's pretty awesome when I hook up with one of my receivers for a TD. I would rather see a QB throw a complete pass to a receiver and know that you can trust him to do his job. In the end, it doesn't really matter how we score as long as we do. Our team just basically continues to work hard, stay focused, and keep our mistakes to a minimum which I feel has been the success for our offense so far this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment